Walking and riding around the Vineyard of nantes
Nature, vineyards, along the river, in the water meadows or through the architectural heritage, there's a walk or a ride for everyone!
The Vineyard of Nantes offers a fabulously green and diverse countryside to enjoy:
- The charm of the banks of the river Loire and the Divatte ;
- The preserved natural environment of Goulaine wetlands
- Rivers, calm and peaceful or torrential and tumultuous - the Sèvre Nantaise, the Maine and the Sanguèze rivers.
- The wine growing slopes with their outstanding views;
- The colourful vegetable fields
- A landscape criss-crossed by hedgerows - the bocage
Offering hikers a privileged natural setting to explore the area by road
Heritage is the centre of interest when you stop off to see as windmills, castles and manor houses, churches and chapels are also dotted along most hiking trails in the area.
GR (Grande randonnée) hiking trails
GR Pays along the Sèvre and the Maine
GR Pays de Nantes Metropole at on the Loire,
hiking circuits through 26 towns and villages
5 cycling circuits around Vallet
A green cycle path, on the banks of the river Loire connecting to the Loire à Vélo cycling route